Cool na? :) Now Learn How to create one by Clicking here


Tuesday, June 21, 2016

5 songs you must have

Everyday different artistes release songs, from different genre, different styles. Some stand out, others are slept on while some just sound same old same. Here are 5 songs I think every Nigerian must add to his/her playlist,because they are unique, cool, different from the everyday kinda music, from their instrumentals to the message to the rhythm, everything about this songs just soothes me. Here it goes in no particular order
1. Simi: Controlla (drake cover): Hmm what can I say about this chick, is it her voice?her penchant for an almost perfect delivery or her finesness. This song is coming off her 'love don't care' song which did her alot of good and increased her already big status as a wonderful songwriter. She jumps on this song already done by drake (FYI I haven't heard d original), but lord, the song sounds more like a remix than a cover, Simi gives a new meaning to doing a cover for a song. Her voice, d delivery, the sampling of drake's voice over hers, so perfect. The second verse gives u the feeling of a perfect combo if drake ever features this Nigerian wondergirl. If u haven't heard this song, you are on a long thing.....
2. Timi Dakolo ( The vow): I have been a big fan of Timi since the days of West African idols, and he hasn't disappointed ever since. On this song, Timi takes us on a journey of love, the song makes you want to fall and stay in love. Timi sings, "I promise to be true, to give my all to u,no matter what they say,this heart belongs to you"...makes you wish every man would love and cherish their wife the way Timi does. When you hear words like,"there's nothing in this world compared to the joy I have when am around with you", you just want be in love. A worthy ode to his wife as they celebrate their 4th marriage anniversary. Production is top notch,video is bloody good. Just listen and enjoy
3. Reminisce (Cypher session): First thing I noticed about this song is the guest list, Cdq, Vector and Ola dips. I wondered, then you hear the shout underneath, reminds me of Joor remix by Jahbless. It's a playful song, rappers just showing off their skills on a dope beat, none failed to impress but Cdq did quite well judging from his recent works. Words like, " English Yoruba nigga, I fuck two ways", just makes u laff. This songs just reminds us rap enthusiasts of a dim light in a dark tunnel. I hear more rappers would be featured in subsequent session since this is just vol 1, looking forward to that. Big up's to Alaga ibile
4. Mista Books feat Modenine (shady industry): This Pherowshuz produced joint just defines a dope hip hop song. Mista books, a talented underground rapper from enugu state teams up with mode9 and what do we get, "they got me sinking in quick sand", screams mode9, "my skills never left me like most of my loyal fans did", you just feel his pain. "breaking the barriers and the barricades of the game", Mista books start. The song gives you an in depth knowledge of what goes on behind the limelight of naija music industry. "who's better than who,music is not a tournament" closes the verse of Mista books. Sampling jay-z's hizzo, this song will make u bump your head and wish for better things for our rappers.
5. Modenine (My country): When modo speaks, rap heads listen. On this track, he featured uchie the African rockstar (an oldie) and Amuta stone, an abuja based singer. Modenine is cool, suave and fearless in his delivery, talking about our current security challenges in Nigerian. Amuta does the 'My country' chant all through the song and Uchie backs her up. Starting and ending with sentences about the country's security problems, mode9 takes it easy. "police turn a blind eye when u feed them with crumbs" speaks clearly about our so called police force. "My only consolation,man no be God", gives hope to the common man. Chordless does wonders on the instrumental and I am hopeful modenine would shoot a befitting video to this beautiful song.


Sharing is Caring